Sunset Road Surgical Arts
When booking surgery with Dr. Decherd or Dr. Isakson, patients can take comfort in knowing they will get one on one care in his private, convenient, and accredited surgical facility. Sunset Road Surgical Arts is AAAASF certified and conveniently located in the same building as the office, in suite 101. Patients should be at ease in knowing they are in the best of hands and in a clean, safe environment, which must adhere to highest of safety standards. Whether it’s the registered nurse in the pre-op and post-op areas, the certified Scrub tech assisting in surgery or the anesthesiologist that is with the patient before, during, and after the surgery, all patients have the luxury of knowing they are in the care of a top-notch team.
What is AAAASF?
The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF) was established in 1980 to standardize and improve the quality of health care in outpatient facilities.
AAAASF accredits thousands of international and domestic facilities, making it one of the largest not-for-profit accrediting organizations in the United States.
Physicians, clinicians, legislators, state and national health agencies and patients acknowledge that AAAASF sets the “gold standard” for quality patient care.
- AAAASF holds outpatient and office-based facilities to hospital standards.
- AAAASF requires surgeons to be board certified and have hospital privileges for any procedure they perform.
- AAAASF requires the use of anesthesia professionals for deeper levels of anesthesia.
- AAAASF requires a safe and clean surgical environment that meets stringent standards.
- AAAASF requires peer review (peer oversight) and tracks data for over 20 million individual cases.
- AAAASF works closely with facilities and provides help throughout the accreditation process.
- AAAASF champions patient safety worldwide and has for nearly 40 years.